Tuesday, November 4, 2014

We're Very Bullish on Buster

Oh, if only the stock market went up like Buster's weight.  16 lbs!!!  I'm buying Roundup - we need some weed control.

The worming medication gave Buster some runny stools.  Finally, yesterday morning he passed some nasty looking roundworms.  Roundworms are only supposed to get 6-7 inches long.  Some of these were at least three.  (I really didn't look too closely)  I think his tummy was upset because he was off his meals a little bit too.  It's funny, before the worm medication I would moisten his food.  After worm medication he didn't touch moistened food.

His training is coming along.  He has a very nice "Sit", except it is in front.  He has just the slightest hint of a "Stay".  His recall is good if you're kneeling.  We just started working on the "Down".

Our socialization continues.  Now that he has had his second shot we are venturing more places.  People can't resist Buster's green eyes.  He doesn't always appreciate the attention, but I think he coming along nicely.

I had a meeting today and had to leave him in the kennel in the truck.  It was a cool day.  He stayed in the cab with the windows opened.  My meeting lasted about 90 minutes.  He tolerated very well and took the time to catch up on some napping.  When he is in sleep mode he is the devil to wake up.  After lunch we walked Ranae back to work - the long way - well over a mile by her tracking app.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I think fat cat might have worms, she's been making skid marks on our carpet. It's good to be prepared with what costs might be to deal with. I get so weary going to the vet cause they always charge you so much for what you think would be a simple procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most animals have a resistance to worms. A cat has to swallow a flea to get a tapeworm. No fleas, no tapeworm. Other worms like roundworms usually on affect puppies. When I worked for a vet, granted it was 40 years ago, but we used piperazine as a wormer. It was cheap and effective. I am certain you can still buy it online.

    ReplyDelete

Throw us a bone ~