Monday, November 24, 2014

Improving Our Social Skills

That's not the royal "Our". That actually means both of our social skills.  Both Buster's and mine.  When you travel with a puppy, people stop and engage.  And they should.  Puppies are happiness.  They are not puppies for very long.  I say spread the happiness while you can.

Most people want to ask about my puppy so they can tell me about their dog.  I love that too.  Hearing about their dog.  The stories they tell.  Just the fact that they have a story right there, ready to go, usually tells you they are good people.  And, when they tell you about their dog, you can see the smile and joy on their faces.  Then the best part happens.  They take that smile and joy and pet my dog.  Cha. Ching.  The big payoff.

The look on Buster's face is priceless.  He is wondering what he did to deserve the affection cascading around him.  He still is a bit on the weary side of most people at first.  But, it's fun to see him warm up to people, learn to trust, and get patted on the head.

As for me, I just need to make sure to add some time to everything I do.  When people stop us, I want to be able for both of us to take it allllll in.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of it that way John, but you're right. Puppies are happiness. I'm enjoying this blog very much.

    ReplyDelete

Throw us a bone ~